Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Naughty Mini Chocolate Cupcakes


If you have read my previous blog, I made extra buttercream frosting and had stored it in the fridge. Since I do not want the frosting ended up in the dustbin, today I make another badge of mini cupcakes. The recipe was collected from the same website.

I found these chocolate cupcakes a bit too sweet, so next time instead of using 1 cup sugar which the original recipe called for, I will use 2/3 cup. The texture is very fluffy and moist. It is just lovely for a one-bite naughty snacks =)


Ok, now for the recipe:

Ingredients:

A (Stir and let cool. Set aside.)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup boiling hot water

B (Sift in a medium bowl.)
(175gm) 1 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

C
(113gm) 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup castor sugar ( I would reduce it to 2/3 cup)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1)** Please follow method (No.1 - 3) on the vanilla cupcakes recipe.
2) Now, add in flour mixture. Beat till incorporated.
3) Add cool cocoa mixture. Stir till smooth.
4) Evenly fill muffin pans.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove & cool on wire rack.
6) Cool completely before frosting.

2 comments:

  1. Been some time did not visit ur site.Hey you are doing so great!One day must try ur cakes!I love cakes!Keep it up YL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, CK!!its a great encouragement for me =) will bake for u when u come visit us in Cat city.. hehe

    ReplyDelete