Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Simple Baked Lemon Cheese Tarts


These are really simple to make and it serves as a good dessert after meal. It has a ligther texture and has a refreshing lemon-y taste to it! It is best served after chilled in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

The recipe uses the same dough as the Hong Kong egg tarts. So, please visit my previous blog for the pastry recipe.

Ok, the fun part here~ With the amount of lemon cheese fillings I made, I was able to make 6 mini + 6 normal size cheese tarts. Please forgive me if there's any confusion, but I only have these amount of tart shells in my kitchen =P

Lemon Cheese Fillings
80gm cream cheese at room temperature ( I use Philadelphia)
60g Castor sugar
1 lemon juice
1 large egg (plus remaining egg from pastry dough)
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
*optional: 1 tbsp of cream*

Method:
1) In a food processor, place cream cheese. Process till smooth.
2) Add sugar. Process till incorporated.
3) Add in egg. Scrape down any fillings stuch to the sides. Process till thoroughly combined.
4) Add in lemon juice and zest. Process till well blended and smooth.
5) Use a fine strainer to remove any foams. Pour filling into tart shells.
6) Bake at pre-heated oven 220degree C for 20 minutes till fillings are just nicely set.
7) Cool. Cover and Fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment