Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Baby Necessities (Part 2)

FEEDING NECESSITIES

Hello again! 

In Part 2 of My Baby Necessities, I will share information on Ayden feedings needs. I breastfed Ayden exclusively unless hubby and I go out for meals or to run errands. My mother-in-law will babysit him for us and will feed him formula milk.

I tried giving him bottle but he is so smart and cheeky, he will turn his head from the bottle and busily search for my breast. Breast or formula, here are some basic necessities that I use for feedings.




  1. Simplisse Manual Breastfeeding Companion: Since mid-pregnancy, I started to hunt around for a gentle and easy-to-use breast pump. There are so many brand and good offers on the market and it took me months to decide whether to buy a manual, battery-operated or electric-operated pump. Manual pump is suitable for mummies like me, who rarely pump out milk for storage. It's because manual pumping can be tiring to your hands and slower. If you are a regular pumper, I would not recommend a manual pump. Simplisse pump is easy to use and gentle on my breast. I do not feel sore after pumping. However, I face a problem with the suction cup. It is too wide thus sometimes the suction will slips off. It comes with a bottle and a bottle stand to store breast milk.
  2. MAM feeding bottle: BPA free bottle. I use this bottle when Ayden drinks formula milk. It comes with various color. It has silk teat which is soft and is 'flat' (not round shape). It is anti-colic and design for easy switching between Mum and MAM. The disadvantage of this bottle is the amount of parts that needs to be clean everytime after a feeding. It has 6 parts which needs to be disassemble/assemble, and it will take some time to clean the parts if you are using lots of bottles in a day. Another downside is it starts with 2Oz mark, so you could not measure a 1Oz.
  3. Mamex Gold Milk Powder (0-12months): Ayden tried Enfalac A+ and it is too 'heaty' for him and his digestion, so we change to Mamex Gold which has Oligosaccharide mixture which claims to help improve the intestinal immune system of babies. Ayden likes the taste of this milk powder, however he only drinks formula when my mother-in-law babysits him. It only comes in 400g tin and once open could store up to 3 weeks only.
  4. Pureen Liquid Cleanser: This cleanser has mint and orange flavor. I bought the orange flavor and loves it. It does clean milk stains easily and has a nice smell. I also use it to soak vegetables and fruits. The price is affordable too.
  5. BPA free bottle, Thermos and plastic container is necessary to store bottles and warm/hot water in our bedroom.

There are various brands of sterilizer in the market. We bought Pigeon Rapid Steam Sterilizer as it was on sales that time. It comes with a measurement cup (in pic) and a plastic tongs. It only takes 6 minute to sterilize the bottles. It has 2 compartments  for storing equipments and accessories for sterilizing. It also will automatically switch off if it does not contain enough water inside. This product is a good investment.  We use MAM plastic bristle brush to clean our MAM bottles. 


Well, here are the items I use for Ayden's feedings. You might need extra equipments if you exclusively bottle feed your baby. We are considering to buy a bottle warmer if Ayden drinks from bottle more often. We also had prepared additional teats which are 0mths+ (slow flow) and 2mths+ (2 flow) teats. You might also want to use soother for your baby.

For Mommies who plan to breast feed your baby, "It might be difficult and frustrating at first! Allow yourself and baby time to learn the process of latching. Before you know it, you will feel the Love and Special Bond through breastfeeding"

Happy Feeding!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment