Monday, June 28, 2010

Apple Raisin Cake


This cake was super moist & incredibly easy to make. It was so good that the cake was gone the next day. It's great for a cup of cuppa or tea. You can also substitute the apples to other fruits such as bananas.

Since I still have some sliced apples left in my fridge (which I had soaked it in cinnamon powder & sugar), I decided to bake an Apple Cake for hubby & I to munch on when we watched the WorldCup match (Germany Vs England). Hubby was a great fan of England. The cake cheered him up when England lost the WorldCup match to the Germany team.

Well, as I was rushing to prepare this cake, I forgot to take more pictures to show you by steps how I make this cake. Anyway, if you wanted the original  recipe, please go to http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/apple_coffee_cake/ 

And here is MY version of Apple Raisin Cake:

Ingredients:

A (combined in a medium bowl)
1 Red Apple (thinly sliced & peeled) 
1 tsp cinammon powder
3 tbsp castor sugar

B (sift together & set aside)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

C
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp apple cinammon juice (from A)
 8 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
1 egg

D (mix in a bowl & set aside)
1/2 cup skimmed milk
1/4 Nestle all purpose cream

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 375degreeF or 190degreeC. Grease the sides & lined the base of a 9 inch square pan.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar with an electric mixer. Then beat in the egg. Beat till well blended.
3) Add flour mixture in 3 badges alternating with milk mixture. Beat until just combined.
4) Spread half the batter in the pan. Lay apple slices (as I wanted my cake to be very fruity, I also add generous amount of baking raisins). It's ok to overlap some of the apple slices.
5) Spread the rest of the batter. Smooth & sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
6) Bake cake for 25 minutes or until it is golden brown & when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7) Cool in pan before turning it out.







No comments:

Post a Comment