Thursday, June 10, 2010

Holiday Baked Yogurt Cake with Choc


I happened to have half tub of yogurt left in my fridge so I made a Yogurt Cake using the yogurt =) My sis-in-law and I had fun in the kitchen and we waited anticipatedly for our very first Yogurt cake to bake.

You can use any flavor of yogurt that u have in your fridge. Mine was original yogurt so it taste a bit bland and I've added chocolate chips and raisin to it. The recipe recommended using a 9 inch bundt pan. I do not own one, so I substitute with two 8 inch cake pan.

The cake turns out very moist and full of flavors as we added an extra egg to it. My father-in-law loves it as it taste more like "old-fashion" cake & my hubby gobbled down slices after slices as it is not too sweet.

The original recipe can be found at http://www.marthastewart.com/. For my version of recipe, I've used up all my yogurt ( about 2 cups plain yogurt).


Ingredients:

1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar ( I use castor sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg ( I use 2 eggs)
2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup plain yogurt ( I use 2 cups and can be substitued by other flavor)
chocolate chips (optional)
raisins (optional)

Method:
1) Preheat oven to 175 degree. Grease cake pan.
2) Cream butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in egg and cream till smooth.
4) In a bowl, sift and combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
5) Stir in alternately and in small badges of the flour and yogurt to the creamed mixture. Fold in till well-combined.
6) Add in chocolate chips and raisins.
7) Pour batter into pan. Bake for 50 minutes (if you are using bundt pan) OR 15 minutes (if you are using 2 cake pans).
8) Insert skewer to check if done. Remove from oven, cool on rack.
9) Remove cake from pan and dust with some icing sugar.









2 comments:

  1. It must be yummy delicious! Would love to try it out in the future.It will be good if you could take some pictures of the process as well so that we can have a clearer picture for new beginners like me. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, Alice!^_^ thx for ur comment.. i will try to upl d process pictures in future ^_^.

    ReplyDelete