Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am Sad




I wanted to share a story with you. I've a lovely uncle. In fact, he is my mom's eldest brother. He lives in KK with his family. When I was younger, I used to stay and spent my holidays with his family. He is a very kind man. He always spent me food and brings me around in his Flowers Delivery Van. I still remember it is white in color.
He always has a big big cheerful smile on his face. Although he has a balding head, he always has his laughters with him. He called me by my baby name. We even visited him and aunty during Chinese New Year. He looks just fine... his old self, wearing a white singlet, balding head & smiley face welcoming us with drinks, mandarin oranges and Astro TV.

That is my uncle in the picture. Can you feel his friendly smile?

BUT.... everything changed, about a month ago. He was admitted into ICU for Lung disease. He is a diabetic and is under heart medication too. He was moved to normal ward after his condition become stable.

HOWEVER.... 
Today, at about 4:50 p.m., my big sis called and delivered some news to me. She told me that she just visited my uncle in the hospital. Doctor said, he will not be going to KL for his heart surgery anymore.

I asked WHY?

She told me,
"Aunty told me the doctor informed that his situation has worsened since Thursday night. All his main organs are destroyed. He is back in ICU now"

I only can answer "HAH"? What you mean??
"Mom said he is recovering. Doctor said he will be sent to KL by end of June for the heart bypass surgery.IS IT TRUE?"

Sis pass the phone to Mom. Mom then told me,
"Doctor informed aunty to ask all his sons & daughters to come back to be with him. Doctor said he does NOT need to go to KL anymore. He is in ICU now. He is weak but wide awake. He knows who visited him and keep saying Thank you, I appreciate it... in a weak voice. He needs an oxygen mask to help him breathe."

I was too shocked to even utter a sentence. I only can repeat,
"IS THIS TRUE?" My mind replays all the happy memories spent with my uncle. I was afraid to ask THE question. "HOW LONG?"

Mom said the doctor did not give an exact date, but the condition does not seem to help uncle to cope. We are all by his side... but in my mind, i was shouting "I WANT TO SEE HIM NOW".

But realistically, I asked myself, what can I do if I am in KK now? I am not a GOD, I am not a doctor. I even don't dare to shed a tear if I saw him in ICU, but I still wanted to see him. I wanted to give him a HUG.

I was crying when I heard mom talked about all her previous conversations with uncle, when he was still stable.

I just could cry and close my eyes tight. I am not sure to which God I should pray to. I just hope GOD can do a miracle. The Buddha, please give strength and save my uncle. To Jesus Christ, please help him to come over this pain.....

Can someone please tell me that "Everything will be OK"!


This is a little gift from my uncle & aunty when I visited them during Chinese New Year. I will always keep this lovely summer hat with me always.

Take Care, Be Strong & I Love You, Uncle!

No comments:

Post a Comment