Monday, June 7, 2010

Mother's Day Dinner

**Happy Mother - In - Law Day**

Time flies! I've been married for almost 9 months now. Living with in-laws are not always easy. Building a new relationship, feeling the respect, love and accepting each other's value and perceptions are something we all struggle with in our life.



There are many things to learn from when you live under one roof with others, especially elderly. I became much more patient, tolerable and mature. At the same time, I tried to bite my lips when I want to voice my own opinions on how youngsters think of some situations. I am learning to be a good wife and a good daughter-in-law all at the same time.

So, on last May Mother's Day, hubby and I planned a home-made "Kenny Roger's" cum "Nandos" style dinner plate for the 5 of us.

I was a bit shy to do the cooking as I'm really nervous of how they might react when they see and consume the "product" that we made. Though I'm cooking daily for all of us, this occasion really puts the stress out and the worst of all, the BLOODY Oven broke at this very important time!!

So, instead of the well-planned baked chicken, I end up microwaving the marinated chicken for 10 minutes then pan fry it for 10 minutes again!!!& my original baked vegetables turn into a quick stiry fry!! Sweat!!

But the end product comes out nice! Though hubby & I did not "see" how his mom ( my mom-in-law) really feel deep inside, we did, however, saw a glimpse of smile and appreciation while enjoying her dinner.

I guess, there are just so many ways to say "I Love You" or a "Thank You" or that "I Care" to our loved ones! Sometimes, we just need to put on our thinking hat and little imaginations..

The "Kenny Rogers" or "Nandos" outside might taste better, but our home made dinner meant alot for all of us. For hubby & I, it means spending 4 worthy hours together in the kitchen. Its another type of bonding and love shared!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment