Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Demolition of Kuala Lumpur's Pudu Jail

I was shocked to know that one of our historical buildings were demolished because of the decision made by a group of selfish people who think that history worth more than 100 years is easy to build!!!


I'm not going to write too much here as I'm having a hard time digesting this news (although the demolition part has begun since year 2006). The video of the demolition process, seeing those beautiful & meaningful walls of paintings were being crashed makes my heart breaks!


I still remember those days whenever I passed by Pudu, I will glanced at the "beautiful" Pudu Jail. For me, the building stands tall and has a lot of +ve impact on me. It reminds people how historic it is still standing strong. It reminds me of hundreds of thousands of prisoners who suffered for their wrongdoings. It reminds people to think twice before commiting a crime. "Who says Pudu Jail is a -ve resemblance of Malaysia???"


The paintings on the wall is an art itself! The voices & messages of the prisoners. I think the dead are waking up now to seek revenge & a good explanation for demolishing their "house"!!!! I hope the bunch of people will Rest In Peace.


Please go to these links for more pictures:


http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1473602


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pudu_Prison_(northeastern_wall),_Kuala_Lumpur.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment