Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yummy Baked Apple Cheesecake



This is the easiest baked cheesecake ever!! and It's really yummy!!

This baked cheesecake recipe was given by my Japanese friend. When we visited her in Japan, Osaka last April, we were invited to stay at her house for a night. We were showered with warmth and home made okonomiyaki. The dinner is just so tasty! Then for dessert, her father took out his version of baked cheesecake. My husband & I were so busy eating we forgot our manners! (>.<) They even left us 2 slices for our breakfast the next day.

Here's a photo of us with our friend & her family~ That's her father cutting his cheesecake for us!
YUMMY YUM YUM!!


Yesterday, when I wanted to bake this cheesecake, I found that I have a lot apples in my fridge. So, i decided to add some sliced apples on top of my cheesecake.

The whole process takes me less than 20 minutes to do. While the cake is busily baking in the oven, I enjoyed dinner with my family ~

Recipe for Baked Cheesecake:

Ingredients
200g cream cheese
200ml fresh cream (I use all purpose cream by Nestle at room temperature)
70g sugar
3 tbsp plain flour
3 eggs
1/2 lemon juice from fresh lemon

Method:
1) Preheat oven at 160 degree celcius.
2) Put all ingredients into a blender. Mix for 1 minute.
3) Pour batter into a 18cm (7in) cake pan. ( I use a 9in cake pan, so the end result is not as nice)
4) Bake for 50 minutes.
5) Cool in pan. (The cheesecake will shrink a little bit, so don't worry its normal!)
6) Serve.
Fridged remaining cheesecake.

For Apple Topping:
In a small bowl, stir together
2 thinly peeled, cored & thinly sliced apples ( I use SA Fuji Red Apple)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinammon powder
**Spoon mixture over the cream cheese batter. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top.**

Enjoy!~

No comments:

Post a Comment