Monday, June 21, 2010

Cute Bear Biscuits



I was still upset today of my uncle's loss. My tears are dry & it stained my heart. I need something to help me cope with this grieving process.

So, I ended up baking. I felt that by baking, it helps me to calm myself as I channel my thoughts and attention to something else. I felt a sense of control when I'm making something out of just flour, butter and stuffs. From plain flour to a cute product... Just watching how it blooms inside the oven & the smell is as good as aromatherapy itself.

Here's another great recipe originally found from http://pengskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/04/horlick-doggie-cookie.html  I tried it today & it tasted great! Though the decorating part takes up most of my time, I enjoy every bit of it see how I managed to create cute bear biscuits.



Ingredients:
A
200g Top flour
25g cornflour
25g milk powder
( I added 10g icing sugar to this recipe to prevent the salty taste fr the butter)

B
180g salted butter (room temperature & cut into smaller chunks)
80g Horlicks Powder

Decoration
- enough Chocolate Chips (abt 100g)
- Koko Crunch, Chocolate Rice for decoration

Method:
1) Sift A into a clean medium bowl.
2) Cream B for 3 minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
3) Add sifted A and beat for 1 minute to form a dough. (Use your hands to gently mould the dough together)
4) Divide dough into 10g each. Embed 3 chocolate chips into each piece of dough & roll into a ball.
5) Insert 2 pc of Koko Crunch to form ears, chocolate rice as eyes (I used sprinkles), 1 chocolate chip as nose. Repeat & bake in batches.
6) Bake at pre-heated oven of 140 degree C for about 20 minutes (my conventional oven just take 12 min).
7) Cool before storing. (Becareful not to touch the bear's nose as the choc chips has melted). 

No comments:

Post a Comment